Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Coverage against any claim or lawsuit made against you for liability related to your boat ownership. This may include Pollution Liability.
Agreed Value Loss Settlement
Receive an agreed upon value for your boat in the event of a total loss.
Covers expenses for towing or other emergency services.
This coverage pays in the event of injury, damage or death caused by someone who does not have insurance coverage or adequate limits.
Coverage for boat related equipment such as anchors, oars, life jackets, fuel tanks and batteries.
Property of Others
Covers the belongings of your guests while on your boat.
Boat Recovery Expense
Coverage for the costs to recover a sunken boat.
Hurricane Haul Out
If a storm is predicted to hit your area this coverage pays to reimburse the cost to have your boat hauled out of the water.
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft?
You'll enjoy the water even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment.
- If you're in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it can cost a lot of money to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your watercraft also needs protection when it's on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Questions to ask your agent
- How much will I pay out of pocket if I file a claim? What is the tradeoff between a higher deductible and lower premiums?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What is the process for filing and settling a claim? Who do I call?