When the latest automotive models come out, there are always new options to choose from. Technology allows us to not only make our cars more convenient, but safer too. A few years ago, back-up cameras were cutting edge, and now they are offered standard on many vehicles. If you're looking for a car with the latest safety features, consider some of these options.
- Collision avoidance system: Sensors in the front or rear of the car will alert the driver with a visual and auditory signal that they are too close to a vehicle, either in front of them or behind them.
- Autonomous braking: Some cars have the capability to start applying the brakes when these same sensors send signals that a crash is impending. When the driver's reflexes aren't quite fast enough, these could prevent a collision or at least lessen the impact.
- Sideview assist: Blind spots are a much smaller problem with this feature. When the feature senses something in your blind spot, a light illuminates on your side mirror. If you put your turn signal on, you'll hear a beep to warn you it may not be safe to change lanes.
- Parking assist: Parallel parking may become a lost art once all cars are equipped with these features. Pull up to a spot, take your hands off the wheel, and the car will park itself.
- Adaptive headlights: Driving at night on a curvy road can be challenging, but these headlights have sensors that take into account the speed of the car and how far you've turned the wheel to move the headlights slightly so you're better able to see what is around the bend.
If you're in the market for a new car, consider some of these safety features that are available on some models. This newer technology helps increase your chance for a safe ride, and some may even save you money on your auto insurance. Contact us, your independent insurance agent, to find out what safety features may earn a premium discount. Can your safe car help you save? Call us, your Stuart insurance agency, at (561) 745-8894 for more information on West Palm Beach auto insurance.