Your current health status is heavily linked to your life insurance premiums. Are you a smoker? Do you have high blood pressure? Could you stand to lose 20 pounds? All of these can affect the risk you pose to life insurers.
An unhealthy person may have to pay more for life insurance. Now is your chance to improve your life and fatten your wallet with reduced life insurance costs. And your phone can help you!
People rely on smart phones for so many aspects of their daily lives. Your mobile device can't force you to the gym, but many apps that can educate and inspire you to make better choices. Here are five that will help you to improve your overall health. With better health, you can often get preferred rates the next time you shop for life insurance.
1. My Fitness Pal - Whether you use it to count calories or just macros, this app combines tracking and social sharing to keep you accountable to like-minded family and friends. It takes just a few minutes to input foods, water and workouts. You'll be able to see how your choices stack up nutritionally.
2. Step Bet - This app is free, but you pay to play and push a bit past your comfort zone when it comes to walking. Players contribute an amount to the "pot" and then winners get a share of the money. Each week for six weeks, you'll log steps with four regular days and two stretch days (forcing you to walk a bit more than usual). Tip: aim to get "stretch" days completed early in the week so you have some wiggle room in case life gets in the way.
3. Achievement - This app syncs with several apps like My Fitness Pal and gives you points for healthy activities. Earn 10,000 points and get a cool $10, thanks to sponsors!
4. UP - A free app that will track your fitness even if you don't have a wearable device. Just keep your phone in your pocket and collect workout data that will inspire you to keep at it.
5. Sleep Cycle - Most people don't realize how important sleep is to their overall health. Sure getting "enough" sounds good, but what does that mean? When you track your sleep, you can learn how much sleep you need to have great days.
Don't wait to get your life insurance until you are already healthy; you need it now.
R.V. Johnson Insurance has your Stuart FL life insurance needs in mind. Call us at 772-287-3366 for more information.